Saturday, July 4, 2009

Goin' Trekkin'!

Tomorrow, July 5th, I'm going tramping (trekking in Kiwi verbiage).

I'm going on the Abel Tasman great walk. I will not be able to do it all because it's winter and transportation is hard to find and extremely expensive, so I will have to take a water taxi from Marahau to Totaranui and then I will walk south from there. It will take 3 days and 2 nights. Below is a map of the Abel Tasman track.


Afterwards, I will stay for a night in Motueka and on the 8th I will go on another great walk, The Heaphy track. That will take 4 days and 4 nights. I will then be picked up at Kohaihai shelter and driven to Westport where I will have my first shower in 4 days! Wish me luck! I should come back to you all with tons of gorgeous pictures. See you in 7 days!

Below, the Heaphy track map.

No comments: